Updating Pro Devices
Updating your Pro device is crucial to ensure you have the latest maps and information. We recommend you update your Pro devices once a quarter.
Updating Pro 5250 / PRO 7100 / PRO 7150 / PRO / 7250 / PRO 9150 Devices
MyDrive helps you manage the contents, maps and services of your TomTom PRO navigation device, as well as giving you access to the TomTom community. It is a good idea to frequently connect your navigation device to MyDrive, to ensure you always have the latest updates. You can also log in to MyDrive on the TomTom website.
Tip: We recommend using a broadband internet connection whenever you connect your navigation device to MyDrive.
Setting up MyDrive
To set up MyDrive, do the following:
- Connect your computer to the internet.
- Start a browser and go to business.tomtom.com/getstarted
- Click Download now.
- Your browser downloads MyDrive Connect, which you need to install on your computer in order to connect your device to MyDrive. Follow the instructions on the screen if you are asked questions while downloading.
- When prompted, connect the mount for your device to your computer using the supplied cable. Then place your device in the mount and switch your device on.
IMPORTANT: You should plug the USB connector directly into a USB port on your computer and not into a USB hub or USB port on a keyboard or monitor.
Updating Pro 82XX Devices
Downloading SD card updates for PRO 82XX using Mobile Device Manager
- Go to the Mobile Device Manager
- Enter your login details and click Login
- On the left under MY CONTENT, select your device – map combination from the list for DEVICE AND MAP.
The contents of the selected software will be shown on the right-hand side under CONTENT PREVIEW
- Click Download to download the SD card package.
Updating TomTom PRO 82xx using SD card updates
About updating using an SD card
The following procedure explains how to create and use an SD card to update a TomTom PRO 82xx navigation device to the latest application and map versions. The same SD card can be used to update multiple navigation devices.
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Computer with broadband internet connection
- SD card reader
- Empty micro SD card (minimum capacity 8GB).
Formatting the SD card
If you are using a Microsoft Windows operating system, do the following:
- Go to My Computer
- Right-click on the SD card and select Format
- Choose FAT32 and optionally Quick Format
- Start formatting.
If you are using Mac OS do the following:
- Go to Disk Utility
- Choose the SD card
- Go to Partition tab and click Options
- Choose Master Boot Record
- Start formatting
How to update a TomTom PRO 82xx using an SD card
IMPORTANT: Do not remove the SD card during the installation process.
Make sure that the devices are fully charged before you conduct an update. We recommend to connect the devices to power before you conduct an update.
When you connect a device to a PC make sure to exit the MyDrive service application first by clicking Exit
- Extract the content of the downloaded ZIP file onto the empty formatted SD card using yourSD card reader.
Your SD card is now ready for bulk updates.
- Insert the SD card into the TomTom PRO 82xx device.
- Tap theSoftware update button in the home view of your PRO 82xx device.
You will be asked if you want to update your device.
- Tap Install update
The installation process starts.
- When the installation process is complete, tap the Home button to return to the home view.
Your TomTom PRO 82xx device is fully updated to the latest version.
If you need any help with updating your software and need to speak with one of our advisors, please call us on 01236 541 080.